We offer digital strategy consulting tailored for artists and arts and culture organizations. Whether you’re seeking to enhance your digital presence, engage and expand your audience, or refine your content strategy, we can help you create a roadmap to get from where you are now to where you want to be.
How can you leverage digital technologies to support and enhance your potential? Our digital maturity projects are a structured journey to help artists and arts organizations cut through the clutter and focus on the tools that can help them work more efficiently and effectively. Automating routine processes, reducing paperwork, and communicating with audiences more effectively frees up your attention, time, and resources to focus on the aspects of your work that are most meaningful and impactful.
A typical digital maturity engagement follows a three-step process:
- Digital Maturity Assessment – A snapshot of your online presence and the digital tools you use regularly today. This is a very detailed summary and often uncovers a number of ‘quick wins’ and minor fixes you can start working on right away.
- Digital Needs and Opportunities – How well do the tools you use meet your needs? What opportunities are there to use digital tools to streamline your workflows and achieve your goals? This phase explores potential choices, and the implications of these choices.
- Digital Strategy and Action Plan – Close the gap between where you are and where you want to be. This phase is all about making decisions. Given the constraints you face (resources, time, skills, etc) and the goals that are most important to you, what actions will have the most impact? This isn’t just about adding more — often it also includes decisions to scale back or stop certain activities to save money, time, or sharpen focus.
Gain profound insights into your existing audience and identify new potential audiences. Understand who your strongest supporters are, what they want, and how to engage them effectively as they come to know, like, and trust you, try or buy what you offer, and ultimately become ongoing patrons and advocates for what you do.
An audience development strategy includes:
- Audience insights: We use surveys, reviews, interviews, and other sources of data to learn about what drives your best customers and biggest fans. We also work with you to identify new potential audiences and map out a plan to reach them.
- Target audience personas: We develop personas for your target audiences describing their influences, attitudes, desires, needs, pain points and turn-offs. This makes it easy to know what to say and which channels to choose for each message.
- Marketing checkup: We review your current marketing mix to see how you’re reaching audiences at every stage. We also identify new opportunities and initiatives to engage your target audiences, increase sales, and get referrals
- Practical recommendations: We create an action plan tailored to your goals, resources, priorities, timeline, and budget. We also offer help to design systems, tools, and templates to take the guesswork out of implementation.
A steady pipeline of impactful content is essential for success in social media, SEO, and email marketing. Yet many people struggle with planning content for newsletters, social media, blogs and other channels.
It can be hard to know what to say — not to mention where and how to share — if you don’t have a clear idea of who you are speaking to and what they want and need from you. A content strategy takes the guesswork out of content creation, reduces writer’s block, and helps you be more proactive in planning and resourcing compelling content.
A content strategy includes:
- Content: We evaluate the content and messaging across your digital channels, including your core message to ensure it is clear and effective
- Messaging: We provide clear recommendations to tailor your messaging for each target audience
- Planning: We create a system to help you generate ideas for content that will resonate with your audience and align with your business goals
- Measurement: We identify the key metrics you can track to measure impact
- Systems: We provide systems, tools, and templates to support content planning and track progress over time, so you can identify what is and is not working and adjust your approach over time